Sunday, 28 August 2016

Volume

Today as promised I have made an hour long video on discussing volume with lots of real examples and its usefulness in day trading.  Volume is something which has not been talked much about by ST sir or me in my blog.  At some point in my trading journey I felt the need of using the Volume and this is when I started digging deep about the volume, how to use it for day trading, etc.  I have tried to discuss everything that I know about the use of Volume here in the video.  Just to brief you, there are two ways to look at the volume.  One is on vertical scale and another is on horizontal scale. I use volume on both these scales and look for certain conditions to trade with volume.  I have found it very much beneficial in my trading.  It does wonders.  If we combine volume to our existing usual DP and range trading we get fantastic trade setups where the trades can be initiated with lot of confidence.

















In the above chart, I have inserted volume on both vertical and horizontal scales and to no wonder there were three good reversal trades where the understanding of volume would have helped us a lot in taking those trades, which would have been otherwise impossible to take.

I hope the paid subscribers of video tutorial will benefit from it a lot. This knowledge of volume can be applied to any instrument, any market, even the 24 hours traded market.

My next video is going to be on Pattern Failure.  In last few weeks, there have been lot of occurrences of Pattern Failure on Nifty Future chart which forced me to think about exploring it further.  I once again promise to the subscribers a free access to it as well.

If you are not yet part of this wonderful initiative on continuing education through most effective way, you might be missing a lot, not only the volume video but all the future videos.

6 comments:

  1. Very good analysis URD, As usual i like your new insights.

    By the way, just got to now ST sir using continues chart for trading (after expiry day) any thoughts about it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AKS

      He later started using and I also use existing month contract chart. For example, till last Thursday you can use Aug expiry chart and from Friday use Sep expiry chart with Thursday data of Sep expiry.
      URD

      Delete
  2. Offtopic, any idea why niftynirvana hasn't resumed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manjunath

      Unfortunately, no idea about it.

      URD

      Delete
    2. Will be wonderful if he starts again fingers crossed

      Delete